Linggo, Nobyembre 11, 2012

HW1: Survey Questions




One of the most productive things a student can do would be to invest their precious time and effort in writing a research paper. I believe that the essence of research paper writing is to enhance students’ knowledge and critical thinking capabilities acquired during their academic race. And this would be very important for their professional career in the future.

Almost two months ago, I have started my research paper which was entitled “Fortune telling: Methods, Themes and Psychological Effects”. Currently, I am in the process of completing my research paper. So far, I have finished Chapter 1. The introductory chapter composes of the background of the study, statement of the problem, significance of the study, scope and delimitation, materials and methods and definition of terms. 

There are many things I am knowledgeable of especially about my topic which is fortune telling. But still, I want to acquire something about my topic such as: the percentage of people who believe in fortune telling, how often and their reason/s for seeking a fortune teller and many other.

My study gathers relevant information from various reference materials such as articles, books, publications in press, blogs and other online resources. To continue my study, I decided to include interviews/surveys as one of my methods/materials. The purpose of my interview/survey is to collect different opinions or perceptions from different respondents.

I will conduct interview/survey for it gives insight on what the person being interviewed is thinking, or appears to be thinking and for more accurate information coming from person’s personal experiences and views. And the results/responses can help me in my conclusions and will be relevant for the completion of my paper. 

These interview/survey questions are intended for different respondents. Basically, this interview/survey necessitates the respondent to answer questions about his/her age and gender. These are necessary because I wanted to determine the difference of psychological effects of fortune telling between men and women as well as people of different ages.

I formulated a hypothesis or wild guess about what might be the result of this interview/survey. First, I supposed women take fortune telling or predictions seriously or meaningfully while men take it skeptically. Second, I supposed that huge percentage of older people are believers of fortune telling or predictions because it appears that it is somewhat related to superstitious beliefs and only small percentage of believers comes from younger people because young generations are more open or vulnerable to more realistic things and might just try fortune telling just for curiosity.

The psychological effects of fortune telling depend on how a person views predictions. There is no assurance that each respondent will react to the object in the same way. It is just a matter of benefits or detriment.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento