Miyerkules, Oktubre 10, 2012

Predictions

To some people gambling is just for fun and for waste of time. Gambling is different from those typical games because it entails the use of money. But they have the same nature as having winners and losers.

Life is beautiful but not always easy, there are challenges which you need to face with determination and courage. Life is full of moments of happiness, success and contentment but there are also times of sadness, failure and discontentment. Life is just like a game or a gamble. There are moments of winning and losing, of ups and downs. And you cannot know what might happen in the next round.


When I was in my grade school years, I used to make these colorful paper fortune tellers. 
It is exciting for it answers questions such as, will you be rich someday, what might be your career, who likes and even hates you. Whenever I try this, there are times that I like the results of paper but there are times that I don’t.

Predictions about us will not always be positive. Just like this article that I read which is entitled “When the fortune teller makes an unfavorable prediction about your future.” by the author named Yin. This article is about her personal experience with a quite known fortune teller.

Years ago, she and her friends went to visit a fortune teller because of their curiosity. They were then just a couple of young girls eager to find out about what life have in stall for them.  When it was her turn, the fortune teller said that she would not live past a certain age. But it can be prevented by making her eyebrows thicker by applying olive oil or hair tonic. If you will be warned like Yin, will you believe? What will you do, will you take it seriously?

For me, this portion of the article showed the disadvantage of the curiosity of people and even of fortune tellers. Fortune tellers should limit themselves about certain matters like death because this might affect one’s living for this kind of prediction can cause disturbance on life of a person who believed in them.

At first, the writer was worried that it might come true. But eventually, she decided to make life meaningful- to live it as well as to use her time on earth to contribute in any way that she can, just in case if the predictions may turn out to be true. 

In my standpoint, I really adore the writer for her decision. And if I were on her shoes, I think I will also do the same. I’ll enjoy every second of my life, to live life to the fullest. Because many of us assume that we will live longer and we are not prepared for this thing to happen. So, we tend to live our life because of fun or enjoyment without thinking to use our gifts, skills and abilities to help change lives of other people for their betterment.

To end the story, according to the writer “last year was the year that the fortune teller predicted I may not survive. Nope, I still did not manage to make my eyebrows thicker.  But if I had not met him, I would not push myself out of my comfort zone and stop taking life for granted.

Based on my own opinion, I would say there are times when we forget the real essence of life; this is to share everything we have and lend our hands to people who needed help and expect nothing in return.

Life is wonderful just as roses but it has challenges which are like thorns and have to be faced and overcome by all. Those, who accept these, challenges and succeed, are the ones, who know how to live life in its true sense. Thus, enjoy life but also be prepared to bear the pricks of pain.

Challenges or unfavorable predictions might always come our way but it will not be certainly bad or awful, it all depends on how we see things and on how we face them. These weakening matters are always there not to damage our character but help us to be stronger and more confident. In life, we don’t know how it would end but we know how to make it better.

1 komento: